Posted on 9 Apr 2020, 12:06 p.m. in COVID-19
We are taking measures for the health and safety of our Landlords, Tenants and Staff, including making updates to the way we handle important aspects of property management
How can I contact my Property Manager or the Office?
Due to the contagious nature of COVID-19, Abercromby's will not be accepting walk-ins at our office. Our staff are currently operating remotely from home and remain contactable through email and phone on 9864 5353. We are here to respond to your ongoing needs. We remain committed to providing quality service and achieving the best results for our clients in the current climate.
Does this situation change any of my rights?
Although the situation is changing rapidly, tenants and landlords must continue to abide by the Residential Tenancies Act 1997. We are currently awaiting announcements from the Government specifically regarding tenants and landlords. The following website will have the most up to date information about any tenancy changes during this time.
CAV - Coronavirus and Tenants Rights: https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/resources-and-tools/advice-in-a-disaster/coronavirus-covid19-and-your-rights
If you’re experiencing financial hardship as a result of COVID 19, please ensure that you contact your Property Manager as soon as possible to discuss the options available.
Here are some useful links:
Tenants should submit all maintenance requests to their Property Managers as usual.
All urgent repairs will be conducted as needed. For non-urgent repairs, there may be delays during the pandemic as some of our regular trades will be unavailable
We have temporarily changed how our routine inspections are done. We have postponed all face to face routine inspections. They will now be conducted via an online process. Your Property Manager will contact you if this is the case.
Open for Inspections for Vacant Properties
Due to recent Federal Government restrictions all property inspections will now be conducted as a one-on-one private appointment, coupled with the appropriate safeguards as recommended by health authorities (increased sanitation, wearing gloves, not touching anything and social distancing). We welcome you to make a time with us should you wish to view a property exclusively with our Business Development Manager Myles Crowhurst on 0433 916 155
If you do attend a private inspection, please:
- limit the number of people attending the inspection to one person at a time.
- Refrain from physical greetings.
- Please refrain from touching surfaces within the property.
- Maintain a comfortable distance (at least 1.5m) from the Abercromby's agent.
We ask that you refrain from attending property inspections if
- You have any flu like symptoms.
- Shortness of breath.
- Breathing difficulties.
- If you have travelled overseas or been in contact with someone who has returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- Recently been in contact with someone diagnosed with Covid-19.
Thank you for your cooperation with these adjustments to the way Abercromby’s must operate during these challenging times.
Please note that any advice contained in this article is of a general nature only and does not take into account the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular person. Therefore, before making any decision, you should consider the appropriateness of the advice with regard to those matters. Information in this article is correct as of the date of publication and is subject to change.
Post a Comment
- Updated Protocol for Inspecting, Buying and Leasing Homes
- Condensation in your Home?
- Restrictions are lifting!
- News Laws regarding Swimming Pool and Spa Safety in Victoria
- An update from Abercromby's on COVID-19 Auctions and Inspections
- Abercromby's Inspection Policy during COVID-19
- COVID-19 FAQ for LANDLORDS AND TENANTS
- COVID-19 Protocol
- Update from our CEO on COVID-19
- Announcement from Abercromby's regarding COVID-19
- Welcome to Shrublands, a 42-room, eight-figure mansion for sale in Melbourne
- Coast & Country | Looking for a coastal escape to call home?
- House of the week: A North Melbourne warehouse conversion in the old Gasworks precinct
- Historic Canterbury mansion listed for eye-watering $42 million to $46 million
- New Laws on Pets in Rental Properties start on 2nd March.
- Maddie's Shield #4 - Celebrity T20
- When Architecture Becomes Art
- Season's greetings from Abercromby's
- NEW RESIDENTIAL TENANCY LAWS 2020
- Welcome to the Team - Jack Richardson
- Abercromby's is proud to support SecondBite
- Coast & Country
- General Interest
- Just Listed
- Luxury & Lifestyle
- Market Updates
- Property Management
- Property of the Week
- RUN Melbourne
- Coast & Country
- Tim Bennetts
- Sam Goddard
- Jock Langley
- Main Ridge
- The Age
- The Weekly Review
- Interest Rate
- The Australian
- South Yarra
- Hugh Hardy
- Abercromby's Real Estate
- Andrew Harlock
- Expression of Interest
- Malvern East
- Glen Iris
- Open for Inspection
- Kate Cusack
- Tim Derham
- James Report
- Market Update
- East Melbourne
- Agents Choice
- Weekly review
- Jeff Gole
- Port Melbourne
- property management
- Simon Hicks
- Sales Market
- Interest Rates
- Luxury Properties
- For Sale
- Howthern East
- Myles Crowhurst
- Rental Market
- WAN house of the year
- Private Auction
- Mont Albert North
- Private sale
- Financial Times
- New York
- Rio De Janerio
- Valentine's Day
- House & Garden
- Abercromby's Melbourne
- the period home renovator
- New York Times
Tweets by AbercrombysRE