A boutique winery and residence is on the market, and will appeal to discerning wine lovers.
Winemaker Philip Murphy has listed his Mornington Peninsula residence and winery for private sale with an asking price of about $8.5 million.
The move comes after the property, which has views across the southern end of Port Phillip Bay, was passed in at a private auction late last month.
Murphy built the Mediterranean-inspired property at 484 Purves Road in Main Ridge about eight years ago and harvested the first grapes from the 0.8-hectare vineyard in 2007, under his label Philip Murphy Estate. Read more…
Source : The Age Domain
A 1930s property, designed by architect Marcus Martin, has gone on the market in Toorak with expectations of $4.8 million-plus.
The property, at 10 Yarradale Road, was featured in Australian Home Beautiful in 1937 – the year after its completion. For the past 15 years, it has been the home of Judy Ward, a former PricewaterhouseCoopers partner, and her late husband, Philip Molyneux, a former chairman of Equity Trustees.
The two-storey house has multiple living spaces including a dining room with attached marble-topped bar opening to a courtyard, separate study, and four bedrooms around a central first-floor retreat.
Amid the Edna Walling/Robert Boden-designed gardens is a solar-heated swimming pool with cabana and a treehouse.
Source : The Age/Domain/Aug 16-17/Private Property.
For Anna Young, daughter of entertainer Johnny Young, the “wow” factor was important when designing a house for her family, but so was the need to create something functional.
“We also really thought about the kids a lot in the process,” says Ms Young, who has four children under 10.
Owner of the Johnny Young Talent School in Richmond, she and her husband, builder Andrew Kenneally, bought the then “derelict” property at 24 Prentice Street in Elsternwick five years ago and overhauled it. The two-storey house has four bedrooms, living and dining areas, opening to a deck adjoining a pool. For auction on August 17 at 11.30am. Sam Goddard and Jock Langley of Abercromby’s, are quoting $1.45 million-plus.
Source : Domain
Abercromby’s is in the News… 29a Adelaide St, Armadale is featured in Saturday’s Age Domain’s Private Property:
John Simkiss – a former partner at Potter Partners and senior executive at Telstra Super – and his wife Rae are downsizing from their Armadale townhouse.
The modern two-storey house at 29a Adelaide Street features four first-floor bedrooms and multiple ground-floor living spaces, including a back family and meals area and a separate study. There’s also a double garage.
Source : Domain
- MEET OUR TEAM- Introducing Myles Crowhurst
- MEET OUR TEAM- Introducing Nicole Meier.
- Father's Day
- Abercromby’s Approach to Stage 4 Lock Down.
- Mandatory Face Masks in Melbourne
- Updated Protocol for Inspecting, Buying and Leasing Homes
- Condensation in your Home?
- Restrictions are lifting!
- News Laws regarding Swimming Pool and Spa Safety in Victoria
- An update from Abercromby's on COVID-19 Auctions and Inspections
- Abercromby's Inspection Policy during COVID-19
- COVID-19 FAQ for LANDLORDS AND TENANTS
- COVID-19 Protocol
- Update from our CEO on COVID-19
- Announcement from Abercromby's regarding COVID-19
- Welcome to Shrublands, a 42-room, eight-figure mansion for sale in Melbourne
- Coast & Country | Looking for a coastal escape to call home?
- House of the week: A North Melbourne warehouse conversion in the old Gasworks precinct
- Historic Canterbury mansion listed for eye-watering $42 million to $46 million
- New Laws on Pets in Rental Properties start on 2nd March.
- Maddie's Shield #4 - Celebrity T20
- Coast & Country
- General Interest
- Just Listed
- Luxury & Lifestyle
- Market Updates
- Property Management
- Property of the Week
- RUN Melbourne
- Coast & Country
- Tim Bennetts
- Sam Goddard
- Jock Langley
- Main Ridge
- The Age
- The Weekly Review
- Interest Rate
- The Australian
- South Yarra
- Hugh Hardy
- Abercromby's Real Estate
- Andrew Harlock
- Expression of Interest
- Malvern East
- Glen Iris
- Open for Inspection
- Kate Cusack
- Tim Derham
- James Report
- Market Update
- East Melbourne
- Agents Choice
- Weekly review
- Jeff Gole
- Port Melbourne
- property management
- Simon Hicks
- Sales Market
- Interest Rates
- Luxury Properties
- For Sale
- Howthern East
- Myles Crowhurst
- Rental Market
- WAN house of the year
- Private Auction
- Mont Albert North
- Private sale
- Financial Times
- New York
- Rio De Janerio
- Valentine's Day
- House & Garden
- Abercromby's Melbourne
- the period home renovator
- New York Times
Tweets by AbercrombysRE