A boutique winery and residence is on the market, and will appeal to discerning wine lovers.
Winemaker Philip Murphy has listed his Mornington Peninsula residence and winery for private sale with an asking price of about $8.5 million.
The move comes after the property, which has views across the southern end of Port Phillip Bay, was passed in at a private auction late last month.
Murphy built the Mediterranean-inspired property at 484 Purves Road in Main Ridge about eight years ago and harvested the first grapes from the 0.8-hectare vineyard in 2007, under his label Philip Murphy Estate. Read more…
Source : The Age Domain
A 1930s property, designed by architect Marcus Martin, has gone on the market in Toorak with expectations of $4.8 million-plus.
The property, at 10 Yarradale Road, was featured in Australian Home Beautiful in 1937 – the year after its completion. For the past 15 years, it has been the home of Judy Ward, a former PricewaterhouseCoopers partner, and her late husband, Philip Molyneux, a former chairman of Equity Trustees.
The two-storey house has multiple living spaces including a dining room with attached marble-topped bar opening to a courtyard, separate study, and four bedrooms around a central first-floor retreat.
Amid the Edna Walling/Robert Boden-designed gardens is a solar-heated swimming pool with cabana and a treehouse.
Source : The Age/Domain/Aug 16-17/Private Property.
For Anna Young, daughter of entertainer Johnny Young, the “wow” factor was important when designing a house for her family, but so was the need to create something functional.
“We also really thought about the kids a lot in the process,” says Ms Young, who has four children under 10.
Owner of the Johnny Young Talent School in Richmond, she and her husband, builder Andrew Kenneally, bought the then “derelict” property at 24 Prentice Street in Elsternwick five years ago and overhauled it. The two-storey house has four bedrooms, living and dining areas, opening to a deck adjoining a pool. For auction on August 17 at 11.30am. Sam Goddard and Jock Langley of Abercromby’s, are quoting $1.45 million-plus.
Source : Domain
Abercromby’s is in the News… 29a Adelaide St, Armadale is featured in Saturday’s Age Domain’s Private Property:
John Simkiss – a former partner at Potter Partners and senior executive at Telstra Super – and his wife Rae are downsizing from their Armadale townhouse.
The modern two-storey house at 29a Adelaide Street features four first-floor bedrooms and multiple ground-floor living spaces, including a back family and meals area and a separate study. There’s also a double garage.
Source : Domain
- MEET OUR TEAM - Introducing Tim Derham & Michael Derham
- Australia’s property market has the right catalysts for a rebound: record low interest rates and investor-friendly government
- SecondBite Gala Dinner 2019
- Abercromby's - Making headlines!
- MEET OUR TEAM- Introducing Hugh Hardy
- More Than Opera Annual Dinner
- You know you’re in Melbourne, but here, you feel top of the world
- MEET OUR TEAM- Introducing Jock Langley
- AustCham Singapore Business Connects
- Abercromby’s. Aim True.
- Maddie’s Shield #3 Celebrity T20 Match
- Happy Holidays
- Treasure Chest Charity's "Touch of Red" lunch.
- 2018 Melburnian of the Year
- Sir Robert Menzies’ Kew home looks for popular vote at auction
- A piece of Barwon River frontage has sold at private auction.
- Sam Goddard: The real estate director also a women’s AFL coach
- You know the expression, 'bigger than Texas' ? This place is that to a T.
- The Outback Car Trek Raising Funds for the Flying Doctor
- Middleton - A celebration of light and space.
- Dream Home | 371 Highett Street, Richmond
- Coast & Country
- General Interest
- Just Listed
- Luxury & Lifestyle
- Market Updates
- Property of the Week
- RUN Melbourne
- Coast & Country
- Tim Bennetts
- Sam Goddard
- Jock Langley
- Main Ridge
- The Age
- The Weekly Review
- Interest Rate
- The Australian
- South Yarra
- Hugh Hardy
- Abercromby's Real Estate
- Andrew Harlock
- Expression of Interest
- Malvern East
- Glen Iris
- Open for Inspection
- Kate Cusack
- Tim Derham
- James Report
- Market Update
- East Melbourne
- Agents Choice
- Weekly review
- Jeff Gole
- Port Melbourne
- property management
- Simon Hicks
- Sales Market
- Interest Rates
- Luxury Properties
- For Sale
- Howthern East
- Myles Crowhurst
- Rental Market
- WAN house of the year
- Private Auction
- Mont Albert North
- Private sale
- Financial Times
- New York
- Rio De Janerio
- Valentine's Day
- House & Garden
- Abercromby's Melbourne
- the period home renovator
- New York Times
Tweets by AbercrombysRE