The renovation of East View, a grand Victorian mansion in Malvern East,
Victoria, was never going to be easy. But for Janene Young and her
family it was a challenge they were willing to take.
An interior designer by profession, Janene Young was the perfect candidate to manage the immense task of renovating East View – her company Inhabiting Flair specialises in “transforming private homes into welcoming and comfortable spaces that suit modern day living without foregoing the character and integrity of the traditional features that anchor and give soul to the residence,” she explains. But the huge overhaul was always going to be a big commitment in time, funds, energy and emotion.
Built in 1894, East View is an expansive two-storey Victorian home located in the Gascoigne Estate in Malvern East. The Young’s purchased the property in 1999 and began the renovation two years later, which would be done in two major stages and eventually completed in 2009.
It is with great pleasure to announce Abercromby’s partnership with SecondBite – food for people in need.
SecondBite redistributes surplus fresh food to community food programs around Australia. Food is donated by farmers, wholesalers, markets, supermarkets, caterers and events. This high-quality surplus food is redistributed to community food programs that support people who are in need.
In 2012/13 SecondBite aims to redistribute 3.5 million kilograms of surplus fresh food by providing 7 million nutritious meals for vulnerable people to over 500 community organisations across Australia.
The event raised an amazing $7,025. With most sincere thanks.
Spring has sprung!
The spring residential real estate market for 2013 will be hotter than ever.
The weather is getting warmer, the days getting longer and the flowers are blooming.
The Federal election is finally over with a new government that will give us a clear direction for the next three plus years.
Stock levels for the next three months will increase dramatically, continued improved confidence and low interest rates will see a wonderful selection for buyers in all price points.
At Abercromby’s, 71% of our business is by private sale. We have built one of the finest international databases of clients /buyers – from expatriates in Hong Kong, Singapore, London and Dubai to migration agents in Asia and beyond.
We have a number of well qualified prospective purchasers wanting to buy quietly and discreetly “off market”.
If you are considering selling or would like to learn more about the Luxury and Lifestyle specialists please feel free to contact us on 9864 5300.
- Abercromby's - Making headlines!
- MEET OUR TEAM- Introducing Hugh Hardy
- More Than Opera Annual Dinner
- You know you’re in Melbourne, but here, you feel top of the world
- MEET OUR TEAM- Introducing Jock Langley
- AustCham Singapore Business Connects
- Abercromby’s. Aim True.
- Maddie’s Shield #3 Celebrity T20 Match
- Happy Holidays
- Treasure Chest Charity's "Touch of Red" lunch.
- 2018 Melburnian of the Year
- Sir Robert Menzies’ Kew home looks for popular vote at auction
- A piece of Barwon River frontage has sold at private auction.
- Sam Goddard: The real estate director also a women’s AFL coach
- You know the expression, 'bigger than Texas' ? This place is that to a T.
- The Outback Car Trek Raising Funds for the Flying Doctor
- Middleton - A celebration of light and space.
- Dream Home | 371 Highett Street, Richmond
- “Domaine Lane” Cocktail launch
- Meet Director Sam Goddard - Domain Rising Star Winner 2017
- House of the Year honours in 1993
- Coast & Country
- General Interest
- Just Listed
- Luxury & Lifestyle
- Market Updates
- Property of the Week
- RUN Melbourne
- Coast & Country
- Tim Bennetts
- Sam Goddard
- Jock Langley
- Main Ridge
- The Age
- The Weekly Review
- Interest Rate
- The Australian
- South Yarra
- Hugh Hardy
- Abercromby's Real Estate
- Andrew Harlock
- Expression of Interest
- Malvern East
- Glen Iris
- Open for Inspection
- Kate Cusack
- Tim Derham
- James Report
- Market Update
- East Melbourne
- Agents Choice
- Weekly review
- Jeff Gole
- Port Melbourne
- property management
- Simon Hicks
- Sales Market
- Interest Rates
- Luxury Properties
- For Sale
- Howthern East
- Myles Crowhurst
- Rental Market
- WAN house of the year
- Private Auction
- Mont Albert North
- Private sale
- Financial Times
- New York
- Rio De Janerio
- Valentine's Day
- House & Garden
- Abercromby's Melbourne
- the period home renovator
- New York Times
Tweets by AbercrombysRE