The renovation of East View, a grand Victorian mansion in Malvern East,
Victoria, was never going to be easy. But for Janene Young and her
family it was a challenge they were willing to take.
An interior designer by profession, Janene Young was the perfect candidate to manage the immense task of renovating East View – her company Inhabiting Flair specialises in “transforming private homes into welcoming and comfortable spaces that suit modern day living without foregoing the character and integrity of the traditional features that anchor and give soul to the residence,” she explains. But the huge overhaul was always going to be a big commitment in time, funds, energy and emotion.
Built in 1894, East View is an expansive two-storey Victorian home located in the Gascoigne Estate in Malvern East. The Young’s purchased the property in 1999 and began the renovation two years later, which would be done in two major stages and eventually completed in 2009.
It is with great pleasure to announce Abercromby’s partnership with SecondBite – food for people in need.
SecondBite redistributes surplus fresh food to community food programs around Australia. Food is donated by farmers, wholesalers, markets, supermarkets, caterers and events. This high-quality surplus food is redistributed to community food programs that support people who are in need.
In 2012/13 SecondBite aims to redistribute 3.5 million kilograms of surplus fresh food by providing 7 million nutritious meals for vulnerable people to over 500 community organisations across Australia.
The event raised an amazing $7,025. With most sincere thanks.
Spring has sprung!
The spring residential real estate market for 2013 will be hotter than ever.
The weather is getting warmer, the days getting longer and the flowers are blooming.
The Federal election is finally over with a new government that will give us a clear direction for the next three plus years.
Stock levels for the next three months will increase dramatically, continued improved confidence and low interest rates will see a wonderful selection for buyers in all price points.
At Abercromby’s, 71% of our business is by private sale. We have built one of the finest international databases of clients /buyers – from expatriates in Hong Kong, Singapore, London and Dubai to migration agents in Asia and beyond.
We have a number of well qualified prospective purchasers wanting to buy quietly and discreetly “off market”.
If you are considering selling or would like to learn more about the Luxury and Lifestyle specialists please feel free to contact us on 9864 5300.
- MEET OUR TEAM- Introducing Myles Crowhurst
- MEET OUR TEAM- Introducing Nicole Meier.
- Father's Day
- Abercromby’s Approach to Stage 4 Lock Down.
- Mandatory Face Masks in Melbourne
- Updated Protocol for Inspecting, Buying and Leasing Homes
- Condensation in your Home?
- Restrictions are lifting!
- News Laws regarding Swimming Pool and Spa Safety in Victoria
- An update from Abercromby's on COVID-19 Auctions and Inspections
- Abercromby's Inspection Policy during COVID-19
- COVID-19 FAQ for LANDLORDS AND TENANTS
- COVID-19 Protocol
- Update from our CEO on COVID-19
- Announcement from Abercromby's regarding COVID-19
- Welcome to Shrublands, a 42-room, eight-figure mansion for sale in Melbourne
- Coast & Country | Looking for a coastal escape to call home?
- House of the week: A North Melbourne warehouse conversion in the old Gasworks precinct
- Historic Canterbury mansion listed for eye-watering $42 million to $46 million
- New Laws on Pets in Rental Properties start on 2nd March.
- Maddie's Shield #4 - Celebrity T20
- Coast & Country
- General Interest
- Just Listed
- Luxury & Lifestyle
- Market Updates
- Property Management
- Property of the Week
- RUN Melbourne
- Coast & Country
- Tim Bennetts
- Sam Goddard
- Jock Langley
- Main Ridge
- The Age
- The Weekly Review
- Interest Rate
- The Australian
- South Yarra
- Hugh Hardy
- Abercromby's Real Estate
- Andrew Harlock
- Expression of Interest
- Malvern East
- Glen Iris
- Open for Inspection
- Kate Cusack
- Tim Derham
- James Report
- Market Update
- East Melbourne
- Agents Choice
- Weekly review
- Jeff Gole
- Port Melbourne
- property management
- Simon Hicks
- Sales Market
- Interest Rates
- Luxury Properties
- For Sale
- Howthern East
- Myles Crowhurst
- Rental Market
- WAN house of the year
- Private Auction
- Mont Albert North
- Private sale
- Financial Times
- New York
- Rio De Janerio
- Valentine's Day
- House & Garden
- Abercromby's Melbourne
- the period home renovator
- New York Times
Tweets by AbercrombysRE