The State Government has introduced a mandatory pool and spa registration process for all pools and spa owners in Victoria. All pools and spas must now be registered by 1 November 2020. (On 26 May 2020 the Victorian Government extended the original registration date of 1 June 2020.)
The new laws apply to swimming pools and spas that are capable of holding more than 300mm (30cm) of water. This includes permanent pools, above ground pools, indoor pools, hot tubs, bathing or wading pools and some relocatable pools. Relocatable pools that do not consist of multiple components and do not require any assembly are not subject to the barrier requirements. An example of such a product is a small inflatable pool that requires no assembly other than inflation.
To register your pool with your local council please follow the links below.
Posted on 12 May 2020, 12:30 p.m. in COVID-19
In accordance with the most recent Government guidelines, Abercromby's are now allowed to conduct open for inspections and auctions for a maximum of 10 people (Excluding those who are facilitating) under a strict set of health and safety provisions.
With the safety of the community, our customers and their families being paramount, should you wish to attend an open for inspection or an auction with one of our agents
we ask you to observe our policy below:-
- Download the COVIDSafe App
- As per the health guidelines, please maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from others and avoid physical contact, including shaking hands.
- Apply hand sanitiser, which will be available for your use.
- Refrain from touching household items, such as door handles, cupboards and tapware.
- Registration will be required to enter.
Please do not enter the property if:
- You have returned from overseas in the past two weeks
- You are unwell or have a fever
- You have come into contact with someone experiencing flu-like symptoms.
Due to the regularly changing nature of circumstances in Victoria, we will update this information as often as possible.
Please contact us if you have any questions about buying, selling or leasing. Abercromby's is here to support you, as we work through these difficult times.
- MEET OUR TEAM- Introducing Myles Crowhurst
- MEET OUR TEAM- Introducing Nicole Meier.
- Father's Day
- Abercromby’s Approach to Stage 4 Lock Down.
- Mandatory Face Masks in Melbourne
- Updated Protocol for Inspecting, Buying and Leasing Homes
- Condensation in your Home?
- Restrictions are lifting!
- News Laws regarding Swimming Pool and Spa Safety in Victoria
- An update from Abercromby's on COVID-19 Auctions and Inspections
- Abercromby's Inspection Policy during COVID-19
- COVID-19 FAQ for LANDLORDS AND TENANTS
- COVID-19 Protocol
- Update from our CEO on COVID-19
- Announcement from Abercromby's regarding COVID-19
- Welcome to Shrublands, a 42-room, eight-figure mansion for sale in Melbourne
- Coast & Country | Looking for a coastal escape to call home?
- House of the week: A North Melbourne warehouse conversion in the old Gasworks precinct
- Historic Canterbury mansion listed for eye-watering $42 million to $46 million
- New Laws on Pets in Rental Properties start on 2nd March.
- Maddie's Shield #4 - Celebrity T20
- Coast & Country
- General Interest
- Just Listed
- Luxury & Lifestyle
- Market Updates
- Property Management
- Property of the Week
- RUN Melbourne
- Coast & Country
- Tim Bennetts
- Sam Goddard
- Jock Langley
- Main Ridge
- The Age
- The Weekly Review
- Interest Rate
- The Australian
- South Yarra
- Hugh Hardy
- Abercromby's Real Estate
- Andrew Harlock
- Expression of Interest
- Malvern East
- Glen Iris
- Open for Inspection
- Kate Cusack
- Tim Derham
- James Report
- Market Update
- East Melbourne
- Agents Choice
- Weekly review
- Jeff Gole
- Port Melbourne
- property management
- Simon Hicks
- Sales Market
- Interest Rates
- Luxury Properties
- For Sale
- Howthern East
- Myles Crowhurst
- Rental Market
- WAN house of the year
- Private Auction
- Mont Albert North
- Private sale
- Financial Times
- New York
- Rio De Janerio
- Valentine's Day
- House & Garden
- Abercromby's Melbourne
- the period home renovator
- New York Times
Tweets by AbercrombysRE