35 Burnett Street, St Kilda: History on the hill.
One really should arrive by horse and carriage and wear a full-length dress with a bustle or a starched, wing-tip collar and cravat – or at least carry a pocket watch – to inspect this fabulously oversized and historically significant property. - See more: http://www.theweeklyreview.com.au/spaces/35-burnett-street-st-kilda-history-on-the-hill/
Heritage-listed, refined and unforgettably spectacular, Ard Rudah is a property that takes you to a world all of its own. Just 45 minutes from Melbourne CBD and approximately 25 minutes from Tullamarine International Airport, Ard Rudah is the ultimate country escape.
They say the village of Flinders in Victoria has the world’s cleanest air, whipped straight off the Antarctic.
It certainly boasts one of the world’s most stunning coastlines, a rugged collection of rock and beach where Westernport Bay meets the Bass Strait. It’s a mix of unforgiving, wild waves on one side and safer bay beaches on the other. Inland, vineyards blanket the landscape.
“It’s a bit like the Riviera of Australia,” says Jock Langley, the director of Abercromby’s Real Estate. “It’s fast becoming the region for Melbourne’s wealthy and elite. That whole peninsula has seen massive changes in the last 10-20 years.” Read More: http://www.domain.com.au/news/escape-why-melbournes-elite-retreat-to-flinders-20151118-gkvznv/
Melbourne’s luxury real estate market looks set to boom: agents
Source: The Australian | November 07, 2015
Melbourne’s prestige property market is set for a flurry of activity over summer and into next year as buyers see value in a market that has begun recovering from its post-GFC lethargy.
But experts warn further volatility in the equities markets could put a damper on buyer hunger for homes worth $5 million and above, while reducing corporate profits will also have an impact.
Affluent southeastern suburbs of Toorak, Kew and Canterbury are where the activity in the established homes will be, while the $5m-plus apartments will be sold in the central business district, Southbank and East Melbourne.
One local, at Kew, will aim to capture the demand for trophy homes in the Victorian capital, putting a home on Swinton Avenue up for auction this weekend with hopes of reaping more than $9m.
The home, called Swinton, has views over the river and city skyline, with the recently renovated house on a 2013sq m block of land about 7km from the CBD. Built in 1856, the Italianate six-bedroom, five-bathroom property includes a music room, formal sitting and dining rooms, and a luxurious kitchen. There is also a guesthouse that has been converted from horse stables.
The agent marketing the property, Abercromby’s Real Estate director Jock Langley, says there has been a surge of inquiries in the high-end market in the past month. Read More
- MEET OUR TEAM- Introducing Myles Crowhurst
- MEET OUR TEAM- Introducing Nicole Meier.
- Father's Day
- Abercromby’s Approach to Stage 4 Lock Down.
- Mandatory Face Masks in Melbourne
- Updated Protocol for Inspecting, Buying and Leasing Homes
- Condensation in your Home?
- Restrictions are lifting!
- News Laws regarding Swimming Pool and Spa Safety in Victoria
- An update from Abercromby's on COVID-19 Auctions and Inspections
- Abercromby's Inspection Policy during COVID-19
- COVID-19 FAQ for LANDLORDS AND TENANTS
- COVID-19 Protocol
- Update from our CEO on COVID-19
- Announcement from Abercromby's regarding COVID-19
- Welcome to Shrublands, a 42-room, eight-figure mansion for sale in Melbourne
- Coast & Country | Looking for a coastal escape to call home?
- House of the week: A North Melbourne warehouse conversion in the old Gasworks precinct
- Historic Canterbury mansion listed for eye-watering $42 million to $46 million
- New Laws on Pets in Rental Properties start on 2nd March.
- Maddie's Shield #4 - Celebrity T20
- Coast & Country
- General Interest
- Just Listed
- Luxury & Lifestyle
- Market Updates
- Property Management
- Property of the Week
- RUN Melbourne
- Coast & Country
- Tim Bennetts
- Sam Goddard
- Jock Langley
- Main Ridge
- The Age
- The Weekly Review
- Interest Rate
- The Australian
- South Yarra
- Hugh Hardy
- Abercromby's Real Estate
- Andrew Harlock
- Expression of Interest
- Malvern East
- Glen Iris
- Open for Inspection
- Kate Cusack
- Tim Derham
- James Report
- Market Update
- East Melbourne
- Agents Choice
- Weekly review
- Jeff Gole
- Port Melbourne
- property management
- Simon Hicks
- Sales Market
- Interest Rates
- Luxury Properties
- For Sale
- Howthern East
- Myles Crowhurst
- Rental Market
- WAN house of the year
- Private Auction
- Mont Albert North
- Private sale
- Financial Times
- New York
- Rio De Janerio
- Valentine's Day
- House & Garden
- Abercromby's Melbourne
- the period home renovator
- New York Times
Tweets by AbercrombysRE