A property where Hume and Hovell camped on the banks of the Goulburn River in 1824 now features decidedly modern comforts.
365 Upper Goulburn Road, Tallarook
As well as an 1838 homestead, the Tallarook property was famously owned by the late BHP chairman, Essington Lewis, and features stables which are leased to Carlton & United Breweries who house their Clydesdale horses there.
First settled by Joseph Hawdon, an ”overlander” from New South Wales, it is also where explorers Hume and Hovell camped at Christmas 1824.
Owner Peter Gillooly bought it in the early 1990s and extensively renovating the six-bedroom homestead about the year 2000 under the guidance of Stuart Rattle.
”There’s a lot of us in there,” says the ex-Tattersalls chief executive, who, along with wife Sandra, lives in East Melbourne, but has owned a farm in the area since 1984. The homestead, at 365 Upper Goulburn Road, comes with a horizon swimming pool and tennis court and mature gardens.
The 162-hectare property, plus about 16 hectares lease, has three kilometres of Goulburn River frontage, a 4.9-hectare vineyard, three cottages and machinery sheds.
An expressions of interest campaign closes on November 25 at 5pm. Jock Langley, of Abercromby’s, says the most recent sale of unimproved land with Goulburn River frontage was $5065 a hectare. ”This will sell for considerably more given the fantastic improvements,” he said.
State heritage-listed Mount Macedon property “Alton” is on the market.
Built in the late 1800s, it has been owned by Eduard Eshuys, executive chairman at Drummond Gold, and his wife, Marjorie, for about 17 years. The nine-bedroom residence, on 10.5 hectares at 239 Alton Road, has four hectares of gardens, a tennis court and two cottages. Jock Langley, of Abercromby’s, says comparable properties sell for about $380,000 an acre. Expressions of interest campaign closes on November 26 at noon.
Source : The Age
Posted on 23 Oct 2013, 4:24 p.m. in Auctions
66 Clifton Street Richmond.
Auction 11:30am, Sunday October 27, 2013
Posted on 17 Oct 2013, 4:37 p.m. in Buying
MALVERN 65 Stanhope Street
Auction 10:30am, Saturday October 19, 2013
An ingenious approach to re-modelling a classical Victorian residence has produced stunning results that ensure an ongoing relevance to contemporary needs. More than that, the aesthetic appeal is exceptional and the marriage of period character and modern comfort is brilliantly compatible
Should you have any queries please contact either Sam Goddard 0448 870 454 or
Jock Langley 0419 530 008
- MEET OUR TEAM - Introducing Tim Derham & Michael Derham
- Australia’s property market has the right catalysts for a rebound: record low interest rates and investor-friendly government
- SecondBite Gala Dinner 2019
- Abercromby's - Making headlines!
- MEET OUR TEAM- Introducing Hugh Hardy
- More Than Opera Annual Dinner
- You know you’re in Melbourne, but here, you feel top of the world
- MEET OUR TEAM- Introducing Jock Langley
- AustCham Singapore Business Connects
- Abercromby’s. Aim True.
- Maddie’s Shield #3 Celebrity T20 Match
- Happy Holidays
- Treasure Chest Charity's "Touch of Red" lunch.
- 2018 Melburnian of the Year
- Sir Robert Menzies’ Kew home looks for popular vote at auction
- A piece of Barwon River frontage has sold at private auction.
- Sam Goddard: The real estate director also a women’s AFL coach
- You know the expression, 'bigger than Texas' ? This place is that to a T.
- The Outback Car Trek Raising Funds for the Flying Doctor
- Middleton - A celebration of light and space.
- Dream Home | 371 Highett Street, Richmond
- Coast & Country
- General Interest
- Just Listed
- Luxury & Lifestyle
- Market Updates
- Property of the Week
- RUN Melbourne
- Coast & Country
- Tim Bennetts
- Sam Goddard
- Jock Langley
- Main Ridge
- The Age
- The Weekly Review
- Interest Rate
- The Australian
- South Yarra
- Hugh Hardy
- Abercromby's Real Estate
- Andrew Harlock
- Expression of Interest
- Malvern East
- Glen Iris
- Open for Inspection
- Kate Cusack
- Tim Derham
- James Report
- Market Update
- East Melbourne
- Agents Choice
- Weekly review
- Jeff Gole
- Port Melbourne
- property management
- Simon Hicks
- Sales Market
- Interest Rates
- Luxury Properties
- For Sale
- Howthern East
- Myles Crowhurst
- Rental Market
- WAN house of the year
- Private Auction
- Mont Albert North
- Private sale
- Financial Times
- New York
- Rio De Janerio
- Valentine's Day
- House & Garden
- Abercromby's Melbourne
- the period home renovator
- New York Times
Tweets by AbercrombysRE