Piries 51 Fielding Lane
Enjoy a life of unparalleled luxury at this picturesque retreat set on 60 acres, perfectly positioned under 10 minutes' drive to alluring Mansfield township, 42 minutes to top of the ski fields of Mt Buller and 2.5 hours to Melbourne. Upon entry to this historic homestead you will be captivated by the panoramic views of Timbertop , Mt Buller, The Delatite valley and the magnificent homestead gardens and lush rolling paddocks.
Wairere Homestead is proudly nestled amid park-like grounds, it has been fastidiously renovated, maintained and preserved. This magnificent piece of Boorolite Valley history has also graced the pages of many home and garden magazines. This is truly one of the most beautiful settings we've seen in Victoria's idyllic High Country.
The gardens at Wairere were designed in 1928 by one of Australia's most influential garden designers Edna Walling, who lived at the property for 3 months while creating what has become one of Mansfield's special jewels for almost 90 years.
Additional features of this beautiful property include,
- 4 Bedroom, 3 bathrooms and 5 covered car spaces
- A true entertainers delight with excellent accommodation and views from every room
- Multiple indoor/outdoor entertaining options with covered alfresco overlooking the pool
- In addition to the main residence there is a separate self contained 1 bedroom cottage which has previously provided income as a weekender
- A flexible floorplan to suit a number of family dynamics
- Solar heating to fully tiled salt water pool surrounded by local stone
- Fenced tennis court tucked behind Wisteria in corner of the Garden
- Large sloping lawn area at front of house featuring mature ornamental tree's and formal herbaceous borders
- Grand formal entry driveway showcasing one of Australia's largest and finest specimens of Linden Tree
- Over 20 established fruit trees
- Well-appointed heating and cooling for comfort throughout the seasons
- In built Euro fireplace for those cold winter nights
- In ground trampoline
- Quiet office enjoying views of the garden
- An abundance of Water for the property provided by 3 dams, bore and 150,000 litres of rainwater tanks
- Recently updated automated watering system for the garden
- For those with an equine interest there are sectioned off yards, 3 horse shelters and excellent fencing
- Modern 4 bay powered vehicle/workshop shedding with separate access to fielding lane and southern paddocks
Conjunctional Agents: McGrath Mansfield - Kate McDougall 0419 303 515 or Allana Neely 0413 855 488